Training and qualifications in the UK IT Market Place – There are hundreds of different IT qualifications available and deciding the right career development path for you is critical. BITE’s mentors can help you with this process and it’s existing fastpath training and testing suite can help evaluate immediate needs. However for longer term career development BITE introduced the new IT Skills Academy with the ability for individuals to develop their IT profile with it’s personal competencies, business skills and IT Skills. This can be shares throughout your network and with employers to supplement your CV.
Bite Consulting we use the the National Skills Academy for IT to help contractors develop their career.
- Plan your career. You can use the IT Professional Profile to benchmark your skills against national standards, identifying gaps in your knowledge and the training you need to progress
- Try new areas and gain recognised skills. There are courses for over 90 popular certifications - including Microsoft, Cisco and Oracle – and professional skills such as project management and team leadership. You can choose the training you want and add it to your personal Learning Plan
- Learn when you can. Courses are best delivered online by leading e-learning provider, SkillSoft or other listed providers to the IT skills academy. You also get access to 24/7 online mentoring, over 200 e-books related to the certifications and exercises to test your knowledge.
What we would like to suggest in terms of next steps is as follows;
Contact your Mentor either, Aneta, Cathy, or Katie and arrange for a Career Review (with no Financial obligation or fee to discuss your contracting career). As part of this review you can start and later complete your Professional profile supplementing your CV and discuss your skills and their worth in the market place and likely career paths you can continue, develop or take.
The simple fact is BITE’s partnership of their trained consultants combined with it’s testing and training facilities together with the IT Skills Academy provides a unique opportunity to further your contract career- True Career Management for Contractors “Is a journey not a destination”.
Develop your IT Professional Profile
Many employers would like to be able to quickly interpret the experience and qualifications of their IT professionals in order to more easily identify the right skills for a particular job, or the right training for a particular individual.
IT Professional Profile makes this possible.
For individuals If you are an IT Professional you can use IT Professional Profile to create an online CV and share it with friends, colleagues and employers by email and social media. Many firms are now asking for a Profile when recruiting and it’s a great way to demonstrate your skills in one place and find how to take that next step in your career.
Start using IT Professional Profile
For employers Free to use to create individual profiles, IT Professional Profile allows your team to assess their skills and qualifications against industry recognised IT Professional Standards . With IT Professional Profile you can:-
- Quickly visualise an individual’s IT skills through a user friendly, online interface – no installation required
- Share, compare and report profiles at individual, department and company-wide levels to get an overview of skill levels and gaps – great for succession planning or creating project teams
- Develop skills-based job roles / profiles for recruitment, promotion and appraisal purposes
Start using IT Professional Profile in your team today If you would like to capitalise on the benefits of this tool at an organisational level, we recommend Profile Manager. Available to trial now, Profile Manager enables you to report / analyse a database of corporate skills.
BITE Consulting IT Training covers IT Qualifications, IT Professional Profile, Business training, Career review, IT Training Academy